Cookies help website users perform certain functions. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the website.
If you wish, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
Welcome to the 2 Shires Credit Union Website.
Credit unions aim to help people take control of their money by encouraging them to save what they can, and borrow only what they can afford to repay. They are community savings and loan cooperatives, where members pool their savings to lend to one another and help to run the credit union.
2 Shires Credit Union was established in June 2000 as Worksop & District Credit Union. Since then the Credit Union has offered people a friendly way to save and borrow. We offer a service for local people and over the years have allowed local people to save and borrow at an affordable rate.
Who can join?
Anyone who lives or works within the common bond area (please see map), whether employed or unemployed, young or old.
How do I join?
Membership requires proof of identification and a one off non refundable membership fee.
Benefits of membership
- Excellent way to save
- Low cost affordable loans
- Free life savings insurance (conditions apply)
- Free loan protection insurance (conditions apply)
- Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority
- Covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
- Financial Ombudsman Scheme